My blog. My class.

December 25, 2008

Cristmas Pictures In Singapore

On this day, the celebration of Christmas in this island of Singapore is in full force especially for the Christians like the Filipinos. I was grateful enough to at least attend three out of nine night masses (simbang gabi) in different Catholic churches spread around Singapore.

Here's my share of pictures I took while enjoying various trips along the heavily decorated (and overly chaotic) Orchard Road, Raffles City, plus a peak to the food feast my friends and I had partaken for our Noche Buena.



Red, red poinsettias
These are red poinsettias found inside a church.



Lucky Plaza dangling Christmas decorations
Here are some dangling Christmas decorations adorned at the entrance of Lucky Plaza.



The wonderful Filipino choir singing
Here's the wonderful Filipino choir singing before Tang's mall one night last week.



Experimental light streaks from passing cars
I experimented with taking shots of speeding cars at the Orchard Road intersection. Look closely at those long light trails. Those are the cars and buses' headlights.



Golden Christmas balls
This is a simple shot of golden Christmas balls used as table decorations by my friends inside their flat.



The guarding giant toy soldier before a Christmas tree
Inside UOB building in Raffles city, here's a giant toy soldier guarding an equally giant Christmas tree.



Salad and lots of fried chicken for Noche Buena

This was our Noche Buena feast last night: Cold Storage styled vegetable salad, some KFC fried chicken (in the picture above), baked macaroni, butter cake, spaghetti and oven toasted chicken (again).

Merry Christmas to all!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Known to be the webmaster of the defunct Taym Matsing website (well, that's old news now...)