My blog. My class.

December 27, 2005

Quiet Christmas Morning

Early Christmas day, I woke up early and prepared myself to go to the gym. It was already planned that I would be burning up calories for an hour to banish all the fats that I have accumulated from eating all those Christmas food treats at home (who can resist though my wonderful angel hair classic spaghetti recipe which was a hit among my family and close relatives).

But alas, I should have known, that the nearest gym branch was closed (should have known, or was I not really thinking and paying attention that that day was Christmas Day and I should be cutting the gym attendants some slack). With nothing else to do, I decided to go home. So I trudged along the path towards the waiting station of the FX transportation.

What I enjoyed though during that long walk was the serenity of the environment - chirping of the morning birds, the gentle breeze, the unusual absence of the morning traffic sound. That made my day. It sounds and feels cheesy alright. But hey, Christmas mornings should be like this, if not everyday of my life.

No stress, no rush hours, no pollution.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Known to be the webmaster of the defunct Taym Matsing website (well, that's old news now...)