My blog. My class.

August 15, 2006

On The Eve Of National Day

Here are other pictures I took on the eve of Singapore's National Day (anniversary celebration of this nation's birth) last August 8. I tried to be early at Marina Bay, but since next day is a holiday, thousands of people came in and decided to stay and make the most of the rest of the night with families, friends and loved ones.

Fireworks At Eve of Singapore National Day (1)
It's a good thing I had an excellent camera zoom function. Actually, I had a not so good position to watch the fireworks as there are two trees blocking my view.

Fireworks At Eve of Singapore National Day (2)
I was taking some shots while my hands were quite shaking. But the photographs that came out became more interesting because of the shaky effects.

Fireworks At Eve of Singapore National Day (3)
These look like forking red lightnings.

Fireworks At Eve of Singapore National Day (4)
And these look like camp fires gone wild.

Fireworks At Eve of Singapore National Day (5)
Sunburst fireworks. I heard may “waaaahs” at that night.

Fireworks At Eve of Singapore National Day (6)
Too much light here.

Throngs of People at Marina Bay
Too many people around the bay area.

City Nightscape
The beautiful Singapore nightscape. I took this after the fireworks display.

Enjoy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Known to be the webmaster of the defunct Taym Matsing website (well, that's old news now...)