My blog. My class.

December 25, 2006

More Christmas Pictures

More pictures I've taken of Christmas celebration here in Singapore.

Yesterday afternoon, on the eve of Christmas, I got to be invited by a church friend over to their flat and join in a simple Noche Buena gathering with other friends.

HDB Flat Scenes On December 24

It was awfully quite outside as dusk creep in slowly. Actually, it was raining when we got to the flat. I think we were the only group (all Filipinos) who were loudly celebrating that Christmas eve with lively music, movies, soul food, and some treats for the children of couples who came in the gathering.

As some Filipinos would say: Grabe, ang saya-saya talaga dito ng Pasko sa Singapore, no?

Ehem.

After the event, me and my couple of friends hurriedly went home. I thought I would be able to arrive back to my flat before midnight, but I wasn't able to. Christmas Day came by 12, and I was still inside the bus. I just silently greeted Jesus a happy birthday.

Poinsettias

A shot of poinsettias, taken from a church altar

Most of the pictures were taken this afternoon down in Orchard Road where the area was closed to traffic and thousands of people flocked around the vicinity to see the events and free concerts.

Ngee Ann City Mall Lamp Decors

Lamps along Ngee Ann City Mall decorated with yellow and red gem like lights

Colorful Parade Float

One of the colorful parade floats featured in the event

People In Orchard Road

Just too many people criss-crossing Orchard road

Dragonfly On Float

A dragonfly paper figure on a float

Butterfly On Float

This one has a paper butterfly and some flowers and lights used as decors on another float

Figure With Harp On Float

A terracotta figure playing a harp

Star Tree At Paragon Mall

I always liked this Paragon Mall Christmas tree decked with hundreds of stars


Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

Now I go back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Known to be the webmaster of the defunct Taym Matsing website (well, that's old news now...)