My blog. My class.

April 29, 2007

Will And Confidence

Food for thought (as I really need it):

"The power to be what you want to be, to get what you desire, to accomplish whatever you are striving for, abides within you. It rests with you only to bring it forth and put it to work. You must learn how to do that, of course, but the first essential is to realize that you possess this power, your first objective to get acquainted with it."

- Robert Collier, The Secret of the Ages

* * * *

Poor Bruce for being the butt of racial remarks from Slovenia Big Brother, just because of his skin color. Brown to be exact. As for us Filipinos, we're proud to be brown (though honestly I am slightly lighter and whiter, but my brother is brown and I still love my race's color).

Shame on the two house mates who remarked unjustly at Bruce.

There is true strength in holding up one's head even if others see and treat you differently, just because you have a skin tone other than the revered "white" (yellow, black, brown, whatever).

* * * *

Next blog layout update - planning this Tuesday, May 1. Hopefully.

About Me

My photo
Known to be the webmaster of the defunct Taym Matsing website (well, that's old news now...)